Where an offence under this Act is committed by a body corporate, any person who at the time of the commission of the offence was a director, manager, secretary or other like officer of the body corporate, or was purporting to act in any such capacity, shall as well as such body corporate be deemed to be guilty of that offence unless he proves that the offence was committed without his consent or connivance and that he exercised all such due diligence to prevent the commission of that offence as he ought to have exercised, having regard to the nature of his functions in that capacity and to all the circumstances.
The Minister may make regulations prescribing all matters and things required by this Act to be prescribed, or which are necessary or expedient for giving full effect to the provisions of this Act, for the carrying out of or achieving any purposes of this Act or any provision thereof, or for the further, better or more convenient implementation of the provisions of this Act.
The Council shall be responsible to the Minister, and the Minister may give directions not inconsistent with the provisions of this Act and the Council shall, as soon as possible, give effect to all such directions.
(1) Any person who is aggrieved by a decision of the Council or its agent may, within thirty days from the date on which the notice of the decision of the Council is served on him, appeal to an appeal committee comprising three members who are not members of the Council, established and appointed by the Minister.
(2) The decision of the appeal committee shall be final and conclusive.
(3) A member of the appeal committee may be paid such allowances as may be determined by the Minister.
(1) Except for any of the purposes of this Act or for the purpose of any civil or criminal proceedings under this Act, no member, officer, servant or agent of the Council shall disclose any information which has been obtained by him in the course of his duties under this Act.
(2) Any person who contravenes subsection (1) shall be guilty of an offence and shall, on conviction, be liable to a fine not exceeding two thousand ringgit or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding six months or to both.