RegisterLog In

Last Pay

Magdeline Chong
Tue, 28 Sep 2010 03:24:22 PM  (Last updated: Sat, 29 Jan 2011 04:11:29 PM)

Hi,

If a staff official last day is on 8th Oct but due to he is off-setting his 8days AL to shorten his notice period, his physical last day will be on 28th Sept. Our pay day is on every 3rd of the month.

Is that mean we have to pay this staff his full salary till 8th Oct on 3rd Oct?

Or to pay him is Sept salary and for 1st - 8th Oct will be paid on 3rd Nov? Is this a normal practice?

KL Siew
Administrator
Wed, 29 Sep 2010 09:09:52 AM

The law says not later than the day of termination as mentioned by below. So, I think you can pay him the 8 days from petty cash on his last day if you cannot lump it with his Sept pay.

20. Payment on normal termination of contract.

The wages, less lawful deductions, earned by but not yet paid to an employee whose contract of service terminates in accordance with section 11(1) or of section 12 shall be paid to such employee not later than the day on which such contract of service so terminates.

Joyce Foo
Sat, 29 Jan 2011 10:44:20 AM

i would like to ask if the annual leave calculated until the last day of service.

For example, we have 12days annual leave a year and when the last day is on 30th Jan 2011 then we have to give 1day annual leave for Jan'11?

KL Siew
Administrator
Sat, 29 Jan 2011 04:11:29 PM

In my opinion, it should be calculated up to the day the employee puts in his resignation. Consult the Labour Department as there could be different interpretation. 

This topic is closed