RegisterLog In

advantages & disadvantages bond by Contract

kane
Sat, 21 Aug 2010 07:10:33 PM  (Last updated: Sun, 22 Aug 2010 11:24:08 AM)

Hi all,

I've a question regarding to contract, recently my HR manager is proposing an increment to me, as well as a promotion, which is to headover as Head of Dept, but she mention that, the company will want to bond me with contract for 2 years term, I've yet to sign the contract, and I told her I will need to go through the contract 1st before I actually say yes to the offer, my concern is, what are the eseential things should I look at before I sign on it?

EPF/Socso/Annual leave/unpaid leave? and moreee?

and I am interested to know what are the advantages & disadvantages on this contract to employees (like me)?

Just to presume I sign this contract on 1st September 2010, and it shall only end on 31st August 2012.

What if I want to resign on February 2012, which is 6 more months before the terms end, what are the compensation shall I make? Is it will all listed in the contract?

KL Siew
Administrator
Sun, 22 Aug 2010 11:24:08 AM

Since you are studying the proposed contract with a bond clause, you surely will compare what you are getting now and what you are going to get. Only then you will know the pros and cons of each. If you think that there are certain terms and conditions that should be included or excluded in the proposed contract, don't hesitate to negotiate with the management for them to be included. or excluded.

This topic is closed