RegisterLog In

Unfair rules & regulations to staffs

Nicholas  
Mon, 29 Oct 2007 11:01:28 AM  (Last updated: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 12:43:22 PM)

Dear Siew,

I've been joining this company since 1/6/2007 as an Area Manager with salary of Rm2200. I have some questions on what my employer had done on us whether are regally or not:

1. On 12/10/2007 to 15/10/2007, I's invited to a company trip by boss and said it's free. But turn up I's deducted 2 days of unpaid leave for 12/10/2007 & 15/10/2007. Can he do that as I' not informed that unpaid leave will be deducted for the company trip?

2. As per my interview, I's told that Rm150 will be deducted for failure to get 5 new customers (with 5 cartons of goods purcahsed) every month. In September 2007, I've achieved my target but I's still be deducted Rm150 due to he changed the rules to min. Rm1000 only considered as a new customer with informing us. Can he do that?

3. When is the deadline of each month for commission pay according to labour laws?

4. The company laptop was stolen from my car. Then I's told verbally that Rm3000 will be deducted from my salary without any company notice. It's my boss have the right to do that? Or shall i only pay back the company accordingly to thge laptop current market value?

Finally, can an employer simply change the benefits or tems & conditions of work without notification or agreement of employee?

I need your advise urgently for my next meeting. Hope to hear from you very soon. Thank you.

Regards,

Nicholas

KL Siew
Administrator
Mon, 29 Oct 2007 12:43:22 PM

That is a real mess. I think it is pointless to talk who is right who is wrong. Better get ready to try your luck in another company. Since you are not covered by the Employment Act, I have no law to advise you. However you may try to get some advice from the Industrial Relations Department see whether they can help you to set things right for you. . Since you are meeting the management, also try to negotiate for what you think is right for you.

This topic is closed