RegisterLog In

Annual Leave

Doreen  
Tue, 23 Oct 2007 10:15:56 AM  (Last updated: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 01:27:12 PM)

Dear sir,

When i joined the company I was given 16 days AL & my role is to set up a HR dept. I came up with a handbook with all the necessary benefits, welfare etc. Due to a new beginning & a new HR dept my MD instructed me to announce to all staff that 2007 is the benchmark for all staff and treat as though they all just joined the company. I issued letters to all staff individually informing them of their new AL allotment. Now my a/c exec said that since the announcement I should also have 12 AL instead of 16 days. My position is HoD and i feel that anyone joins any company should always be upgraded and not downgraded. I have told my MD about it and he said to let him think on it. May i know if it is legal to downgrade my AL? Thank you in advance.

KL Siew
Administrator
Tue, 23 Oct 2007 12:46:23 PM

That will surely cause quite a lot of discontent among the employees and I don't wonder you are having your doubts. You better consult the Labour Department or the Industrial Relations Department. Your MD may want some official opinions to base on and for him to make a decision on the matters.

Doreen
Tue, 23 Oct 2007 01:27:12 PM

Dear Mr. Siew,

Thank you for your advice. I will consult with the Labour Dept & the IR Dept.

Regards

This topic is closed