RegisterLog In

How to get a resign employee leave earlier?

MC  
Fri, 19 Mar 2010 07:10:50 PM  (Last updated: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 08:16:23 PM)

Hi,

I have an employee (Manager's level position) had just tendered his resignation sent thru email on 18th Mac, after working hours (and the letter in the attachment did not have the signature). The letter was sent to my director, his superior and copy to me as HR. Prior to his resignation, he had been on MC and EL since early this month.

1st  & 2nd Mac - MC (he only entiled to 1 day MC as prorated, and will ask him to take unpaid for 2nd Mac)

8th - EL

11th - 12th - EL (earlier was told on compassionate leaves but unable to produce death certificate)

15th - 19th - EL (he sent smses to inform on his absent)

His leave as at Feb 2010 left half day and he only work for 5 days this month. Since he had tender his resignation (with 2 months notice), can we give him an early release? and pay him for the 5days he worked in March?

If not, how can we put it in proper way to ask him leave early as we can foresee that he will be taking more EL. (FYI: this employee will definitely will have at least 1 day EL & 1 MC in a month).

KL Siew
Administrator
Fri, 19 Mar 2010 08:53:33 PM

If you really don't want him to be around anymore, write to tell him that he need not come to work anymore and that your company will pay the two months salary as indemnity plus the number of days he had worked in March.

MC
Sat, 20 Mar 2010 01:15:12 PM

thanks for the reply. possible if we do not want to pay him for 2 months salary??

KL Siew
Administrator
Sun, 21 Mar 2010 08:16:23 PM

You may not have to pay if he has during the notice period committed serious misconduct. Wait and see what he will do during the two months.

This topic is closed