RegisterLog In

Terimation without Notice or Compensation

wan a  
Mon, 07 Dec 2009 11:35:46 AM  (Last updated: Mon, 07 Dec 2009 03:17:26 PM)

Hi,

I was hired on a one year contract for a full-time position with a monthly salary of RM4300. I had been with the company a little more than 6 months when I found out that I had been terminated. The employer never notified me of dismissal. I only found out about it when I made a loan application. What should I do?

Also, about a month prior, I was asked by the employer if I would agree to being downgraded to a part time position citing lack of business and my health condition. I was on a 42-day medical leave during this time due to surgery. I did not respond because it is not mentioned in the contract (switching status from full time to part time), and I wasn't sure if the move was legal. I also felt that the company was trying to discriminate against me because I could not perform my duties during this medical leave.

I wrote to the employer a week ago, asking to justify my dismissal without notice, or to pay compensation of either 3 months or 6 months salary, but I have yet to hear from them. Is there anything I should do in the meantime?

Thank you.

A

KL Siew
Administrator
Mon, 07 Dec 2009 03:17:26 PM

It looks like a complicated case. You better approach the Industrial Relations Department for advice.

This topic is closed