RegisterLog In


Tue, 08 May 2007 03:01:53 PM  (Last updated: Tue, 08 May 2007 03:45:30 PM)

1. One of our worker fell from the staircase at home and the doctor had given him 2 week mc. How should we paid him the sick leave.?

2. If a worker met with an industrial accident and 1 month mc is given to him to recuperate at home. Do we treat this as hospitalisation sick leave.

KL Siew
Tue, 08 May 2007 03:45:30 PM

1) Yes you will have to.

2) If it is an industrial accident you will have to report to SOCSO. It is not treated as sick leave under the Employment Act, please read Section 60F(4) quoted below:

60F(4) No employee shall be entitled to paid sick leave for the period during which the employee is entitled to maternity allowance under Part IX, or for any period during which he is receiving any compensation for disablement under the Workmen's Compensation Act, 1952, or any periodical payments for temporary disablement under the Employees Social Security Act, 1969.

  This topic is closed