IF A STAFF TAKING UNPAID LEAVE FROM 1ST SEPT 2009-31ST DEC 2009.
IS COMPANY COMPULSORY TO COUNT BACK THE SALARY FOR DAY FALL ON HOLIDAY, EG. HARI RAYA, X'MAS, ETC.
I think this is a very straight forward case as it started on 1st and ended on 31th. I don't see the need to count back the salary for the gazette holidays. Just deduct his/her 3 months salary but remember to provide him/her EPF and SOCSO contribution as he/she is still under the company's employment.
Let me just put in a straight forward way, everything stops except his service with the company.
AS FOR EPF & SOCSO. I AGREED WITH SIEW, NO EPF & SOCSO IF HE IS NOT ON DUTY. EPF ONLY PAY FOR $ EARNED, SOCSO ONLY COVER DURING HE IS ON DUTY, SOCSO NOT COVER EVEN AFTER OFFICE HRS.
Good day to all,
I have staffs that has already used up their MC's for this year and becoz of that, the company is deducting their annual leave instead.upon deduction of the annual leave, they claim that it is unfair treatment as they say that its legitimate MC's given and shouldnt be deducted from their annual leave. Hospitalization leave cannot be allowed for this MC's as there are not being hospitalized. As such, staff can only be advised to take unpaid leave if necessary.
1) Does the company have the right to approve and reject this said Unpaid leave?
2) Company can deduct this unpaid leave legally from their monthly salary?
3) Is unpaid leave covered in any other sections of the employment act?
4) If the MC's are issued based on depression and the doctor cannot guarantee the recovery period, how shall the leave be considered?
5) Unpaid leave will only affect the staff's year end performance?
Would really need some clarification / feedback on the above matter.