RegisterLog In

Trade Union

Thu, 16 Jul 2009 12:38:42 PM  (Last updated: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 02:11:45 PM)

Company is unionised since 1972. Initially about 250 members and now only left about 70 members. Is there any way company can dissolve the union (NUPCIW)?

CK Kong
Thu, 16 Jul 2009 01:05:35 PM

Please consult a lawyer as the dissolution may tie in a lot of fringe legal issues.

KL Siew
Thu, 16 Jul 2009 02:19:53 PM

To Annie: You have to consult the Trade Union Affairs Department. They are the ones in charge of such matter.

Thu, 23 Jul 2009 02:11:45 PM

To disolve the Union, the Union have to make the move. They have to write to DGTU saying that they want to disolve.

The Company must carry on with Collective Barganing and Collective Agreement even they have 1 member left.

The Company can write to DGTU to disolve the Union if the union cease to have any members.

  This topic is closed