RegisterLog In

all staff subject to employment law?

CSH  
Tue, 03 Jul 2007 05:19:15 PM  (Last updated: Mon, 03 Sep 2007 10:49:10 PM)

I refer to the Employment Act 1955, staff with wages does not exceed RM1,500 are subject to Employment Act. What about those staff with wages more than RM1,500, what Act is protecting these group of employees?

I am verifying the maximum working hours per day and per week.

KL Siew
Administrator
Tue, 03 Jul 2007 05:52:09 PM

For employees with monthly salary under RM5000 per month please read Section 69B of the Employment Act 1955. The Industrial Relations Act protects all workers irrespective of salary in dismissal cases. All workers may also seek redress in courts.

If you want to know about working hours under the EA, please read Section 60A on 'hours of work'.

Tracy Fam
Mon, 03 Sep 2007 10:49:10 PM

My currently salary is RM2300 per month and had started working in this current company not more than a week. I was automaticlly confirm with out any probation period as according to the contract of employment.

Right now I would like to resign from this current company due to personal reason. Do i need to give 1 month notice or within 24 hours? It was not stated in the contract of appointment. If i were to give a 24 hour notice, would i face any legal action?

This topic is closed