RegisterLog In

Sms termination by staff

badtz7899
Thu, 21 May 2020 03:16:49 PM  (Last updated: Thu, 21 May 2020 05:26:27 PM)

Dear Admin, 

Would like to seek your advice on these 2 cases: 

(1) A staff went back to her hometown during MCO period. As we have resumed our operation on 12/5/2020, she wrote in a letter to apply unpaid leave until 09.06.2020 (screenshot and sent via whatsapp) . I replied her in company's letterhead to reject her application and to request her to back to work on 15.05.2020 (giving her enough time to travel back from hometown). She whatsapp i to say that she wanted to resign. 

(2) A staff is staying at home to take care of her brother as the caretaker is stuck in BAtam during MCO period. On the day we resumed operation, she said that she couldn't report to work as the caretaker is still in Batam. We offered her verbally to bring the child to workplace, as the child is seven years old and should not be disturbing others during work. However, she refused and said she would resign. Till to-date, i have not received any resignation letter from her. 

** For both cases, do i need to write any letter to protect the company's interest? Our boss has no intention to ask them for compensation -- we know for sure that they won't pay and unable to pay. Or i just sit there and wait for the cases to rest down ? 

KL Siew
Administrator
Thu, 21 May 2020 05:26:27 PM

In that case, you can write to them asking them to sent in a letter of resignation.