RegisterLog In

Resignation effected by RMO

Jarod
Fri, 27 Mar 2020 12:09:54 AM  (Last updated: Sat, 28 Mar 2020 08:55:01 AM)

Dear mylabourlaw,

I've recently posted my resignation on the 25th Feb 2020 and required to serve notice 2 months in lieu at company A

Hence the last date of my service on a letter posted to me recently shall be on the 26th April 2020 (before minus 11 days of AL)

I had a request for an early release which requested my last day to be on 31st March 2020 as company B wishes to buy out

With that said I'd requested a letter and an amount to be paid however the letter was only produced to me 1 day before the MCO which was on the 16th March 2020.

With that, the MCO took into effect 17th March 2020 and on the 16th March 2020 evening my boss had requested me to come back on the 1st April 2020 to do a full handover (however that was before the 2nd MCO extension) 

My question is since company B now as of today do not require my services that early due to the 2nd MCO extension (hence they will no longer require to buyout). none of the above would apply and it would be back to usual to serve the notice till 26th April 2020 (before minus 11 days of AL) if minus AL would be 9th April 2020 as i'm not working on saturdays and sundays ?

thank you

Jarod
Fri, 27 Mar 2020 12:15:03 AM
Originally posted by Jarod on Sat, 28 Mar 2020 08:55:01 AM

Dear mylabourlaw,

I've recently posted my resignation on the 25th Feb 2020 and required to serve notice 2 months in lieu at company A

Hence the last date of my service on a letter posted to me recently shall be on the 26th April 2020 (before minus 11 days of AL)

I had a request for an early release which requested my last day to be on 31st March 2020 as company B wishes to buy out

With that said I'd requested a letter and an amount to be paid however the letter was only produced to me 1 day before the MCO which was on the 16th March 2020.

With that, the MCO took into effect 17th March 2020 and on the 16th March 2020 evening my boss had requested me to come back on the 1st April 2020 to do a full handover (however that was before the 2nd MCO extension) 

My question is since company B now as of today do not require my services that early due to the 2nd MCO extension (hence they will no longer require to buyout). none of the above would apply and it would be back to usual to serve the notice till 26th April 2020 (before minus 11 days of AL) if minus AL would be 9th April 2020 as i'm not working on saturdays and sundays ?

thank you

2nd question i missed out 

company A says now they are only willing to pay half my salary for any extension beyond April 1st as initially I had mention Company B would like to buyout. 

But due to the letter being out later only on the 16th april 2020 and the MCO followed all the circumstances had changed.

3rd questions if they do so can I proceed to go to labour court? 

thank you.  

KL Siew
Administrator
Fri, 27 Mar 2020 01:25:18 PM

I think it would be better for you to bring the matter up with the Labour Department. You either give them a call or pay a personal visit there to discuss the issue with the officer there.

Jarod
Fri, 27 Mar 2020 10:47:09 PM
Originally posted by KL Siew on Fri, 27 Mar 2020 01:25:18 PM

I think it would be better for you to bring the matter up with the Labour Department. You either give them a call or pay a personal visit there to discuss the issue with the officer there.

alright thank you. =/

it was rather hard to reach out to them today. tried calling at many occasions but the line was constantly engaged. 

KL Siew
Administrator
Sat, 28 Mar 2020 08:55:01 AM

True, however it MCO is not a problem, you can pay a visit there in person.

This topic is closed