RegisterLog In

Movement control but still need to work

Someone like you
Sun, 22 Mar 2020 12:43:34 PM  (Last updated: Sun, 22 Mar 2020 01:12:44 PM)

Hi Admin,

During the movement control period , The government has announced the some of the industries are supposed to follow the rules and close the company between 18-31, but it comes to my situation of sharing office between Animal feel company and Engineering and these two companies are owned by the same director. The Animal feed company are doing production and seems like it's okay to run the business, But i am in the engineering company. I was asked to come to work as usual. But with concerns for the confirmed cases is still rising rapidly, i went to HR and asked that should i able not to come to work during this period? With her reply was "your boss doesn't care". And i was told to take AL so that i can stay at home.  Should the company close in the period and not deducting leaves or else can they give me unpaid?
Is this right In this situation to take AL? Which im left for few days in this year... pls help ... or else I have to go work tomorrow 

KL Siew
Administrator
Sun, 22 Mar 2020 01:12:44 PM

I don't know. I think it is better to work and get paid. There are employees who have to go on no pay leave. You have to decide for yourself.