RegisterLog In

Unpaid Leave during LOCKDOWN MOVEMENT CONTROL OF MALAYSIA

Khai23
Fri, 20 Mar 2020 08:10:30 PM  (Last updated: Sun, 22 Mar 2020 08:43:21 AM)

Hi there,

I wish you can help me, I am Filipino holding a spouse visa with malaysian husband and working permit. 
I am working in a Maid Agency. My boss announced that she will be following malaysia government announcement of lockdown on 18-31. Thus we expect we shall not go to office. But then on the 18th first day of lockdown itself she ask me to go to office the next day as she doesn't allow to work from home. Otherwise all will be unpaid leave. My salary is just above 2000 less than 2500. Please advise me on this. Is this confirmed to be unpaid? 

thank you in advance!

KL Siew
Administrator
Sat, 21 Mar 2020 10:00:13 AM

Since your company is open for business during the period and staff are working, I think you should also go to work.

Khai23
Sat, 21 Mar 2020 10:49:33 PM

I appreciate your kind reply. But please note that our company does not fall into essential stuff that should be open during this movement control. Therefore, our company should not be in operation. Please advise. 

KL Siew
Administrator
Sun, 22 Mar 2020 08:43:21 AM

Then I think it would be up to some relevant authority to take action against the company. Why don't you try to contact some authority about it, may be the KKM?