RegisterLog In

Deduction from wages a few times

vjkris
Tue, 11 Feb 2020 07:15:24 PM  (Last updated: Tue, 11 Feb 2020 07:20:10 PM)

Hi all,

Good day to you!

I've resigned from my company on the 1st week of December and received unwanted treatment from the employer whereby since I’ve resigned, I learned that they can’t give me any explanation letter or so, they've decided to deduct my wages on two cases.

Emergency leave - I had some family issue and need to leave just half an hour earlier than usual, I have informed HR and also texted my superior (Who was on leave) on the situation that need to leave early and will compensate half an hour the following day. The next day I’ve got an email I can’t do that and need to get approval to leave therefore they will deduct half day pay. She didn’t entertain my message that I’ve sent. This treatment is after my resignation.

Late work submission – After I’ve resigned, they gave me a new assignment which I passed it to my colleague to design it but due to some delays, the work was delayed but it wasn’t the dateline for submission to the 3rd party. I managed to get another designer and get it done. They still deducted one-day salary with other things included like 3 minutes’ lateness and stuffs.

I’ve check my offer letter, there is mention about deduction or performance or lateness. I’ve collected and saved all the evidence needed. I feel, I was bullied by the employer. 6 people resigned within 2 months.

Please assist me further on this as I would like to take appropriate action on them.

KL Siew
Administrator
Tue, 11 Feb 2020 07:20:10 PM

If you know how much was deducted from your salary, you can go to the Labour Department (Jabatan Tenaga Kerja) and make a complaint there.