RegisterLog In

Resignation

Binnie
Member
Mon, 10 Feb 2020 04:04:25 PM  (Last updated: Mon, 10 Feb 2020 06:19:01 PM)

Hi,

I have tendered on 2 January with 2 months notice. Boss counter offer with salary increment. However, management never confirm to me as they mentioned that they need to get approval from HQ. Now, management informed that I will need to tender a fresh resignation if they failed to get the approval due to I agree to void the previous resignation letter.

May I know what is the right procedure  thanks 

KL Siew
Administrator
Mon, 10 Feb 2020 04:33:47 PM

I think better don't place to much expectation there, for me,   tell them that you would like to stick to the first 2 months notice resignation letter. If they want or don't want you, just say so isn't it?

Binnie
Member
Mon, 10 Feb 2020 04:53:57 PM

Thanks for the reply. I have talked to my boss that I would like to stick back to the first 2 months notice. However, he mentioned that the first resignation letter is not valid anymore and required me to give another 2 months notice. What should I do now?

KL Siew
Administrator
Mon, 10 Feb 2020 04:56:19 PM

Why not valid?

Binnie
Member
Mon, 10 Feb 2020 05:09:40 PM

Management mentioned I have agree with counter offer and decided to stay. I did asked why being not valid. But they answered this is miscommunication and I requested to give new resignation letter 

KL Siew
Administrator
Mon, 10 Feb 2020 05:25:39 PM

C'mon, you agreed to stay but ask them where is the new appointment/offer letter with the new pay.  By the way, do you have a new job waiting for you?

Binnie
Member
Mon, 10 Feb 2020 05:33:06 PM

Currently I do not have new job yet 

KL Siew
Administrator
Mon, 10 Feb 2020 05:48:35 PM

Resigning without a job waiting is a bit risky isn't it? Tell them you will go if you don't get a written new offer the new pay by the end of the first 2 months notice, you will leave. Anyway, if you choose to give a fresh 2 month notice quickly during the 2 months go and look for new job, very likely they are not going to go ahead with their counter offer.

Binnie
Member
Mon, 10 Feb 2020 06:19:01 PM

Thanks for the help and advice !

  This topic is closed