RegisterLog In

HOSPITALIZATION & MEDICAL LEAVE

Priscella
Wed, 22 Jan 2020 11:58:52 AM  (Last updated: Thu, 30 Jan 2020 11:33:18 AM)

Dear Sir

I need some classification on the above matter.

Hospitalization - 60 days

If my staff admited to the hospital after few day he/she allow to discharge and go back to home for resting - is this still consider under hospitalization leave or medical leave.

KL Siew
Administrator
Thu, 23 Jan 2020 10:24:07 AM

You can go through the document issued by the hospital whether it is stated as hospitalisation during the period resting at home. If you are not sure, consult the hospital concerned.

TCM
Wed, 29 Jan 2020 05:19:11 PM
Originally posted by KL Siew on Thu, 23 Jan 2020 10:24:07 AM

You can go through the document issued by the hospital whether it is stated as hospitalisation during the period resting at home. If you are not sure, consult the hospital concerned.

Hi Siew,

I have the same case, the hospital issued Sick Certificate of 42 days to the staff after the staff has discharged to rest at home after the operation. The staff entitle to medical leave of 22 days and 23 days of Annual Leave.

Is it correct that 22 days is consider medical leave and balance 20 days will be deducted from the annual leave?

KL Siew
Administrator
Wed, 29 Jan 2020 05:42:26 PM

What you can do is to go to the hospital and talk to the doctor. I understand some hospitals will chop on the sick leave certificate with the word "HOSPITALISATION". With that that MC could be used as hospitalisation leave. Otherwise, the period recuperating at home will be treated as ordinary sick leave or annual leave or no pay leave.

TCM
Wed, 29 Jan 2020 06:11:03 PM
Originally posted by KL Siew on Wed, 29 Jan 2020 05:42:26 PM

What you can do is to go to the hospital and talk to the doctor. I understand some hospitals will chop on the sick leave certificate with the word "HOSPITALISATION". With that that MC could be used as hospitalisation leave. Otherwise, the period recuperating at home will be treated as ordinary sick leave or annual leave or no pay leave.

Hi Siew,

Thank you for the advise, If the staff injured because of work or during the work, will the calculation of hospitalisation leave or MC be the same?

Is a staff entitle a maximum of 60 days of sick leave which include the hospitalisation leave and medical leave? Or is it 82 days (60 days hospitalisation leave plus ordinary sick leave 22 days)?

Thank you.

KL Siew
Administrator
Wed, 29 Jan 2020 07:39:31 PM

If accident happened during work, then it will be a SOCSO case and very thing will be dealt with by SOCSO and not under the Employment Act.

TCM
Thu, 30 Jan 2020 11:06:10 AM

Hi Siew,

My understanding is that we claimed SOCSO for compensation for the staff. But doctor will extend the MC if the staff is still not fit for works and the MC has exceeded 60 days. 

How do we treat the leave that exceed 60 days? Does the Company deducts annual leave, unpaid leave or hospitalisation leave?

I'm still learning how it works since this is the first case in my office.

Thank you.

KL Siew
Administrator
Thu, 30 Jan 2020 11:33:18 AM

Since it is your first case and you are still learning, it is very very important that you should coonsult SOCSO how the thing works. It does not matter how long he is unfit for work and as long as he has MC, SOCSO will deal with it.