RegisterLog In

Resign on second week of my last month

ceng
Thu, 09 Jan 2020 06:16:28 PM  (Last updated: Fri, 10 Jan 2020 05:46:59 PM)

Hello and good evening, 

Recently i have resigned from my previous company on the 6th of December. In my resignation letter i've stated that my last working day will be 6th of December 2019 and I still have 4 more days of Annual Leave. During the last week of my service, I took all my annual leave which leaves me to come to the office for one day which is 2nd of December 2019. Now its January, and they havent pay my 1 week salary. From what I understand, they should pay me the 5 working days of my last month of service. They told me if I hadn't took my Annual Leave, they pay me for 5 working days (2nd to 6th Dec 2019) + 4 days of Annual Leave but since I cleared up my Annual Leave, they said they shouldnt pay anything to me. Supposely the Annual Leave should be considered paid leaves? And they should pay me for the 5 days only. 

Please help me out. 

KL Siew
Administrator
Fri, 10 Jan 2020 05:44:20 PM

In such a case, you should go to the Labour Deparmtnet and make a complaint there against the company and let them look into the matter.

By the way, you said you resigned on 6 Dec, did you give notice for your resignation?

ceng
Fri, 10 Jan 2020 05:46:59 PM
Originally posted by KL Siew on Fri, 10 Jan 2020 05:44:20 PM

In such a case, you should go to the Labour Deparmtnet and make a complaint there against the company and let them look into the matter.

By the way, you said you resigned on 6 Dec, did you give notice for your resignation?

I did give my resignation notice two months prior before December which was at October 2019. 

This topic is closed