RegisterLog In

After claim socso/insurance, what will be paid to staff?

JXZX
Wed, 27 Nov 2019 03:26:36 PM  (Last updated: Fri, 29 Nov 2019 02:22:25 PM)

Hi Team,

May I know usually if staff already claim for Socso, and the employer also helps to claim for the insurance that the company help to purchase, what shall be paid to the staff? FYI, the employer still continues to pay him salary since his first day MC/hospitalization leave until now, it has been 2 months. Is it a must for the employer to pay all the claim amount to the employee? 

JXZX
Wed, 27 Nov 2019 04:29:06 PM
Originally posted by JXZX on Fri, 29 Nov 2019 02:22:25 PM

Hi Team,

May I know usually if staff already claim for Socso, and the employer also helps to claim for the insurance that the company help to purchase, what shall be paid to the staff? FYI, the employer still continues to pay him salary since his first day MC/hospitalization leave until now, it has been 2 months. Is it a must for the employer to pay all the claim amount to the employee? 

Understand that insurance is supposed to be staff benefits. Just want to know if any chances that the money/part of the money will pay/refund to the company to cover the salary we paid him or etc…

KL Siew
Administrator
Thu, 28 Nov 2019 02:39:21 PM

The employee should be able to get both SOCSO and staff insurance money. But the employer may not be required to pay salary during the period he got SOCSO payment. For this SOCSO part, you can get confirmation from SOCSO whether you still need to pay his salary.

But I am not sure about the staff insurance money, you may have to refer to the fine print of the insurance policy.

JXZX
Thu, 28 Nov 2019 03:49:21 PM
Originally posted by KL Siew on Thu, 28 Nov 2019 02:39:21 PM

The employee should be able to get both SOCSO and staff insurance money. But the employer may not be required to pay salary during the period he got SOCSO payment. For this SOCSO part, you can get confirmation from SOCSO whether you still need to pay his salary.

But I am not sure about the staff insurance money, you may have to refer to the fine print of the insurance policy.

Hi KL Siew,

I see. Let's say after checked with Socso and found out that the employer does not require to pay him salary but we already paid him before, can we request him to pay back the amount to the company? Or deduct from the insurance money? 

Noted, will check the insurance policy for that.

KL Siew
Administrator
Thu, 28 Nov 2019 03:57:44 PM

Has SOCSO paid up the SOCSO payment?

JXZX
Thu, 28 Nov 2019 04:11:30 PM

Not yet. 

''But the employer may not be required to pay salary during the period he got SOCSO payment.'' 

Do you mean when he got SOSCO payment? But what if that time he already returns to work as usual? 

KL Siew
Administrator
Thu, 28 Nov 2019 04:20:49 PM

In that case, can you talk to SOCSO whether it is possible for SOCSO to pay the claims money direct to the company instead of the workman? If not, I think you have to consult the Labour Department if you want to deduct his salary.

JXZX
Fri, 29 Nov 2019 02:22:25 PM
Originally posted by KL Siew on Thu, 28 Nov 2019 04:20:49 PM

In that case, can you talk to SOCSO whether it is possible for SOCSO to pay the claims money direct to the company instead of the workman? If not, I think you have to consult the Labour Department if you want to deduct his salary.

Hi KL Siew,

Noted, will check with them.

Really appreciated your advice :)