RegisterLog In

Can lateness send leave application can be considered as EL?

Adimira
Mon, 11 Nov 2019 10:36:15 AM  (Last updated: Mon, 11 Nov 2019 05:06:18 PM)

I apply leave 2 days before the intended leave. Leave policy require to submit 3 working days. Then HR said my AL will be consider as EL because of the timeframe. But in the Employees handbook and memo nothing said about if you apply leave less than 3 working days it will be consider as emergency leave. It only said the leave will approve or not approve.

EL n Mc as stated in the handbook said if you fail to report on time due to emergency on the day, shall inform your superior.

HR replied that its common sense if i submit late it will consider as emergency leave. And don't want the fuss of adding it to handbook or memo because its common sense.

So my question, in this case can my leave be consider as emergency leave.

And to what extend Employee handbook should be specified for all employees understanding.

Appreciate your feedback

KL Siew
Administrator
Mon, 11 Nov 2019 03:33:42 PM

The EL was with pay or without pay?

Adimira
Mon, 11 Nov 2019 03:38:32 PM

EL will just deduct from annual leave..so i guess its payable. It just the remark will reflect in performance.  

KL Siew
Administrator
Mon, 11 Nov 2019 03:50:07 PM

In that case,jnext time, ust comply with their leave policy will do.

Adimira
Mon, 11 Nov 2019 03:58:09 PM
Originally posted by KL Siew on Mon, 11 Nov 2019 03:50:07 PM

In that case,jnext time, ust comply with their leave policy will do.

I want to know since its a grey area as its a policy that is not written in official document, shoudl them at least re consider it as not EL for this time? and to what extend Employee handbook should be specified for all employees understanding. are un written policy can be use as reference?

KL Siew
Administrator
Mon, 11 Nov 2019 05:06:18 PM

If you cannot have such a internal admin matter sorted out with your HR, I really don't know where you can get someone to sort it out for you. You can try to consult the Labour Department, but don't be too optimistic about it.

This topic is closed