RegisterLog In

Travel Industry Leave & AL

cms1984
Member
Sun, 10 Nov 2019 06:29:29 PM  (Last updated: Sat, 23 Nov 2019 10:44:09 AM)

I would like to ask the following. Im being employed in a travel agency at the moment

1. Can your company pay you triple or more if you are working on weekend/public holidays ? There is no OT claim, replacement leave nor extra pay for this. The company said travel industry market is like this. 

2. I started working in Dec 2017, Is my AL entitled for 12 days ny next year 2020 Jan ? 

3. If work leas than 2 years the tender notice is 6 weeks or 2 months ?

KL Siew
Administrator
Mon, 11 Nov 2019 03:42:50 PM

For more info, you can read up Part 12 of the Employment Act.

1. Under the EA, working on rest days the payment is (salary/26) x 1, for working on Punblic Hoidays (salary/26) x 2. Not triple.

2. Leave entitlement, you can read up Annual Leave in Part 12 as mentioned above/

3. For resgination notice, you can read up your own contract of service with the company. If noting is mentioned there, you can read up Section 12 of the EA.

cms1984
Member
Fri, 15 Nov 2019 11:29:42 AM
Originally posted by KL Siew on Mon, 11 Nov 2019 03:42:50 PM

For more info, you can read up Part 12 of the Employment Act.

1. Under the EA, working on rest days the payment is (salary/26) x 1, for working on Punblic Hoidays (salary/26) x 2. Not triple.

2. Leave entitlement, you can read up Annual Leave in Part 12 as mentioned above/

3. For resgination notice, you can read up your own contract of service with the company. If noting is mentioned there, you can read up Section 12 of the EA.


We dont get any x 1 (weekend) or salary x 2 (PB Holiday). Is this due to travel industry is omitted or as an employee in travel agency is obligated to work on Weekend/PB Holiday whenever needed ?

We were only given allowance. And the per day allowance is less than (salary/26) x 1 even on PB Holiday. There is no OT Claim as well as we worked more than 10 hours. 



 

KL Siew
Administrator
Fri, 15 Nov 2019 11:54:07 AM

In view of the nature of business of you travel industry, I am really unable to give any useful advice apart from showing you the law. I think All of you working in the company should discuss with management and mutually make some agreement on those matter. As a last resort, you can bring the matter up with the Labour Department see whether they can help.

cms1984
Member
Fri, 15 Nov 2019 12:24:40 PM
Originally posted by KL Siew on Fri, 15 Nov 2019 11:54:07 AM

In view of the nature of business of you travel industry, I am really unable to give any useful advice apart from showing you the law. I think All of you working in the company should discuss with management and mutually make some agreement on those matter. As a last resort, you can bring the matter up with the Labour Department see whether they can help.

Dear KL Siew, thank you for your feedback so far. Appreciate it.
Can I have the link to Labour Department to send in my enquiry ?
 

KL Siew
Administrator
Fri, 15 Nov 2019 01:37:11 PM

Labour Department Click on this link.  Don't send email, go there in person to discuss with the officer there will be better.

cms1984
Member
Sat, 23 Nov 2019 10:44:09 AM
Originally posted by KL Siew on Fri, 15 Nov 2019 01:37:11 PM

Labour Department Click on this link.  Don't send email, go there in person to discuss with the officer there will be better.


Thank you KL Siew :)