RegisterLog In

promotion and termination

MavisYap
Sun, 22 Sep 2019 02:24:27 PM  (Last updated: Mon, 23 Sep 2019 04:18:23 PM)
Hi, May I know if I got promote and under 1 month probation for the promotion. But my boss feel that my performance is not good enough, so postpone my probation another 1month. In the extension probation letter, mention that if still fail for the probation they may terminate immediately. is this legal? What I mean is if fail they can terminate immediately but not just cancel promote? if I know that it will terminate immediately I will rather dont want this promotion. but also already sign the agreement, please advice . thank you
KL Siew
Administrator
Sun, 22 Sep 2019 04:53:44 PM

Terminated for whatever reasons, the employee still has the right to seek redress at the Labour Department.

MavisYap
Sun, 22 Sep 2019 08:27:04 PM
Originally posted by KL Siew on Sun, 22 Sep 2019 04:53:44 PM

Terminated for whatever reasons, the employee still has the right to seek redress at the Labour Department.

Hi, just want to know so is it possible they can make a contract like this? If unable to pass the promotion probation then could terminate immediate like that?
KL Siew
Administrator
Mon, 23 Sep 2019 04:18:23 PM

Can you show the draft contract which you intend to make and lets have a look at those terms and conditions?