RegisterLog In

Maternity Leave

Gaya  
Mon, 07 May 2007 12:47:16 PM  (Last updated: Mon, 07 May 2007 02:23:50 PM)

Hi,

My company provides 12 days of annual leave per year. ( 1 day for a month) In february this year i delevered and went on maternity leave for 2 months. Upon returning to work, my employer says that for the 2 months that i was on maternity leave i do not accrue any annual leave as i was already on paid leave. Which means that i only will receive 10 days of annual leaves this year. My employment contract very clearly states that i have 12 days annual leave per year. Please advise on the situation

Thanks

KL Siew
Administrator
Mon, 07 May 2007 01:05:26 PM

I think what your employer is doing is not right. Section 60E(1B) may useful as a quidance for you:

"60E(1B) Where an employee who is on paid annual leave becomes entitled to sick leave or maternity leave while on such annual leave, the employee shall be granted the sick leave or the maternity leave, as the case may be, and the annual leave shall be deemed to have not been taken in respect of the days for which sick leave or maternity leave is so granted."

Note the words "...and the annual lea

Gaya
Mon, 07 May 2007 01:15:27 PM

Thanks for your prompt reply.

However does this apply even when i am not on leave?

KL Siew
Administrator
Mon, 07 May 2007 02:23:50 PM

Your employer seems to deem it that you have taken leave even when you have not. That's even worse, isn't it?

This topic is closed