RegisterLog In

Immediate Termination without a solid reason

Jayden Teoh
Wed, 11 Sep 2019 05:10:11 PM  (Last updated: Wed, 11 Sep 2019 06:22:05 PM)

Hi, I would like to ask, actually I have working for my company for seven years. Previously, there had already been some unfairness incident happened, like the medical leaves issues and annual leaves. However, recently the company’s owner who is my superior had a plan for salary decrement, and as she told and promised, it was only for 3 months. But after 3 months, she didn’t held her promise and decline to adjust the salary back to the normal. I wanted to ask whether what I can do to reclaim the salary that I deserved.

In addition, 2 days ago, she told me that because I worked privately out of the company and decided to terminate me and I need to leave the company in the end of the week. The point is, there aren’t any rules or even signed contract that stated us can’t work for extra income in private. Not only she reduced the salary but she also stopped us from trying to earn extra income after work. I was also terminated without a one month prior notice, it will make such a huge impact for me to lose my job in a sudden. 

In here, I would wish to have someone who has any professional consult or suggestions on what I should do regarding to this situation in ASAP.

Million thanks.

KL Siew
Administrator
Wed, 11 Sep 2019 06:22:05 PM

I would suggest that you personally go to the Industrial Relations Department and discuss the issues with the officer there see what action you need to take.