RegisterLog In

Offer Letter

daisy
Sun, 18 Aug 2019 10:25:19 PM  (Last updated: Mon, 19 Aug 2019 11:01:47 AM)

Hi, I would like to know whether is it compulsary to provide the offer letter from new employer to the current employer? I face a situation whereby my current employer requesting to provide the offer letter from my new employer as proof I was appointed to work in a new company. 

Thank you

bosco50050
Mon, 19 Aug 2019 01:00:32 AM

Daisy,

When you resign from a company there is no reason why I would have to tell anybody where I am going or what I am going to do. It will be your prerogative to tell anyone if you want to. 

Generally, whenever I had moved from job to another I never tell anybody where I am going. Some times after a month or two I call my friends and tell them where I am. those who are close to me or those whom I trust. Why? You know how it can be a friend of a friend of a friend from your old company knows someone in the new company that you are going to and they pass unnecessary stories that may jeopardize your image etc.

Anyway, Daisy no necessity to show any your new offer letter. Looks your company wants to know where and how much you gonna get etc. It could be detrimental. 

THis is what I think. Regards

mdkamil
Contributor
Mon, 19 Aug 2019 11:01:47 AM
Originally posted by daisy on Mon, 19 Aug 2019 11:01:47 AM

Hi, I would like to know whether is it compulsary to provide the offer letter from new employer to the current employer? I face a situation whereby my current employer requesting to provide the offer letter from my new employer as proof I was appointed to work in a new company. 

Thank you

It is not compulsory, and actually employees may not give reasons for his/her resignation.

This topic is closed