RegisterLog In

resignation

ybsara
Thu, 15 Aug 2019 06:19:23 AM  (Last updated: Thu, 15 Aug 2019 12:06:14 PM)

i had been working for 1 and half year in a company but still not received confirmation letter regarding my job....

1- can the management terminated me in 24hrs

2- if i want to resign...do i have to give time period?

mdkamil
Contributor
Thu, 15 Aug 2019 12:06:14 PM
Originally posted by ybsara on Thu, 15 Aug 2019 12:06:14 PM

i had been working for 1 and half year in a company but still not received confirmation letter regarding my job....

1- can the management terminated me in 24hrs

2- if i want to resign...do i have to give time period?

What is the period for the probation? And what is stated in the clause about probation & confirmation? If let say the probation period is 6 months, and after 6 months the employer keeps you in the job you can be deemed as confirmed because there is no dispute by the employer about your ability to perform the job after the probation period. However, some employer put the sentence. '...confirmation of employment shall be in writing...'. This is sort of saying that if there is no confirmation letter, the employee is still not confirmed. For me, this is just a bad practice on the employer part if after the probation period there is nothing communicated to the employee with regards to his employment status.

1. The management can only terminate the employee with just cause & excuse. If there is no valid reason to terminate an employee, it will be wrong for the employer to do so.

2. An employee who wishes to resign from his position MUST tender his notice of resignation & serve the notice period as stated in the contract of employment

This topic is closed