RegisterLog In

Annual Leave

Catherina
Tue, 16 Jul 2019 10:20:30 AM  (Last updated: Wed, 17 Jul 2019 09:16:51 AM)

Hi,

I have resigned with my company and i still have 4 days annual leave with my company.

Is there a right from my line manager not to approve on me clearing my leave and insist that the company encash my annual leave just because the new joiner join late and I am not allow to clear my leave for the hand over?

Please advise.

Catherina
Tue, 16 Jul 2019 04:40:05 PM

Hi Admin,

Really need some advice regarding this.

I understand that the company has the rights to encash my leave entitlement but I really need to clear my leave as I have some personal things to attend to.

I have check with HR earlier on whether i can clear off my prorated annual leave and the replied is yes. Now they are telling me that this is subject to my manager approval and that if i insist on this, the company reserves the rights to hold my 1 month salary. Is this true?

This is not stated in the employee handbook. What shall i do or what can i do?

KL Siew
Administrator
Wed, 17 Jul 2019 09:16:51 AM

Yes, you have the right to take leave especially you have something to attend to. They cannot forever not to let you take leave. They can encash some leave and let you take some leave. Anyway, if salary is withheld, you bring the matter up with the Labour Department.

This topic is closed