RegisterLog In

replacement public holiday payment

Sivashangri
Fri, 21 Jun 2019 07:25:13 PM  (Last updated: Mon, 24 Jun 2019 02:29:27 PM)

would like to check

my staff is 3 shift worker work based on roster.

19/5/19 (Sunday) and its a public holiday (wesak day) so monday which is 20/5/19 is a replacement PH.

my question is staff who working on shift duties their rest day will fall any day in a week. so do they entitle for a replacement public holiday which is 20/5/2019?

my shift staff is claim for overtime PH for 2 days which is 19/5 & 20/5? are they entitle for both days?

KL Siew
Administrator
Sun, 23 Jun 2019 11:42:56 AM

1. The that Sunday was not a rostered rest day for the employer, 20/5 was just an ordinary working day for him. If his scheduled rest day  falls on other days of the weekand PH was falls on it, the next day will be a replacement.

2. For overtime (after normal hours of work), the rate is (salary/26/8) x 3 per hours.

If you need more info, contact the Labour Department and get official advice from the officer there. It would be much more informative if you could go there in person, sit down and have a chat with officer there.

Sivashangri
Mon, 24 Jun 2019 02:29:26 PM
Originally posted by KL Siew on Sun, 23 Jun 2019 11:42:56 AM

1. The that Sunday was not a rostered rest day for the employer, 20/5 was just an ordinary working day for him. If his scheduled rest day  falls on other days of the weekand PH was falls on it, the next day will be a replacement.

2. For overtime (after normal hours of work), the rate is (salary/26/8) x 3 per hours.

If you need more info, contact the Labour Department and get official advice from the officer there. It would be much more informative if you could go there in person, sit down and have a chat with officer there.

Thank you, understood.. will double check with labour dept as well.

This topic is closed