RegisterLog In

Yearly confirmation

Thilip
Wed, 19 Jun 2019 07:25:49 PM  (Last updated: Fri, 21 Jun 2019 09:06:14 AM)

Hi,

I have been at my current company already 2 years. As my company sending me to a short course to continue my skills level & they have requested to sign 2 years contracts which is the contract start from March 2019 until March 2021. 

Suppose on May 2019 they should rate me & increase my salary. But my management delay it. As I discussed with my CEO & HR yesterday they said hold my confirmation and they ask me to guide new working colleagues which is not in same department & I don’t have any knowledge on their job scope. My CEO said he will rate whenever he feel that I am good on guide the new colleagues. 

I think this is apart from my Job & I’m not in senior level to guide them. And I’m just in executive level now. 

1. Can I resign from the position? If I resign do I need to pay anything to the company ?

2. Is this reason can accept to hold a staff’s confirmation?

3. Can I file a case on this matter & skip pay my 2 years contract penalty ?

Kindly assist me on this. Thank you 

KL Siew
Administrator
Thu, 20 Jun 2019 10:29:43 AM

1. You have to refer to the contract about penalty if any, for breach of the contract. Anyway, you better go and discuss with your HR about your problems and intention to leave the company. 

Thilip
Thu, 20 Jun 2019 09:54:50 PM

Yes, they stated the amount I need to pay. I think my HR itself not support for employees in my company. Any other way can solve this problem ? 

Thank you

KL Siew
Administrator
Fri, 21 Jun 2019 09:06:14 AM

1. If you choose to resign you may risk the possibility of their asking you to pay the penalty;

2. Or, since your CEO has confidence in you for guiding your colleagues, I think you should try to continue working to the best of your ability. You don't have to run away.