RegisterLog In

Workplace bullying and discrimination, resign or wait for termination?

william
Mon, 10 Jun 2019 03:40:06 AM  (Last updated: Mon, 10 Jun 2019 03:58:19 PM)

I am working with a big company, I have been bullied in the workplace, non-work related, personal attack. The company have a lot of upper management, and the bully is not my direct boss. He spread bad rumours about me, which my department have no problem with me. I suffering depression from this company. The bully keeps reporting me for a lot of wrong doing which I did not commit, the industrial relations department favours the boss. I have written a complain letter with the advice from the doctor as they see my depression is worsen to the industrial relations department on 12 March 2019. Now no results yet. For many reports of wrong doings, the HR may transfer me to KL, my current salary is low at RM1800 not enough to survive and I refuse, but HR insist me if they found guilty I have no choice to transfer. This sounds like unfair treatment and force resignation. There has been many cover up of bullying. 

Do I resign or wait for the company to terminate me? Can the company terminate me for non work related things? Vandalism? I did not do it, but they insist me of paying the damages of RM5,000 or face termination. The case still reinvestige . Any compensation in terms of getting unfair dismissal, that the HR sided with the boss and not calling for investigation on the boss? Many would like to know if also any compensation for getting depression have any compensation. Thank you.

KL Siew
Administrator
Mon, 10 Jun 2019 11:33:00 AM

It looks like the situation is not very clear yet. Anyway,

1. You can choose to wait see whether they are going to take disciplinary for whatever wrong-doing they allege you have done.

2. Meanwhile, in view of the "bullying and discrimination" you are facing, it may be time for you to start looking for a new job elsewhere, just in case.

william
Mon, 10 Jun 2019 12:12:14 PM

What if terminated by the company, do I get compensation? 

KL Siew
Administrator
Mon, 10 Jun 2019 03:58:19 PM

If your service is terminated by the company, you can go and lodge complaint at Labour Department or the Industrial Relations Department. They will look into the case and then decide about compensation. Meanwhile, you just continue working as usual and see what happens.

This topic is closed