RegisterLog In

Salary Deduction upon Resignation

Michaeljenn
Thu, 14 Mar 2019 02:17:29 PM  (Last updated: Thu, 14 Mar 2019 04:27:17 PM)

Hi,

I have just tendered my resignation on 07/03/2019. My job is Sales & Marketing Executives. We are required to work on 13 weeks working Saturday as we are doing properties sales.

I just received an email from my HR dept mentioning that they will deduct 11 days (8days for 2018 and 3 days for 2019) salary as I did not fulfill the 13 weeks working Saturday. We have seek for advise with our HOD on July last year whether we are required to work on any othe Saturday (to fulfill the terms) and she mentioned there is no need to do so as there is no roadshow/ events/ sales activities .

The need of 13 weeks working Saturday was stated in my employment letter.

Is this consider as illegal deduction?

KL Siew
Administrator
Thu, 14 Mar 2019 02:42:08 PM

Was there any mention anywhere about salary deduction for not working on any of the Saturday? Did you tell the HR department about the your HOD said?  Anyway, if the problem cannot be solved, go to the Labour Department and discuss the issue with one of the officers there.

Michaeljenn
Thu, 14 Mar 2019 03:36:00 PM
Originally posted by KL Siew on Thu, 14 Mar 2019 02:42:08 PM

Was there any mention anywhere about salary deduction for not working on any of the Saturday? Did you tell the HR department about the your HOD said?  Anyway, if the problem cannot be solved, go to the Labour Department and discuss the issue with one of the officers there.

Yes, I informed them about it. However, they advise that they follow what's written in employment letter.

Should I refer it to Labour Department or Industrial Relation Dept as my basic salary is RM3200 plus commission?

KL Siew
Administrator
Thu, 14 Mar 2019 04:27:17 PM

You can go to the Labour Department and discuss the issue with the officer there.

This topic is closed