RegisterLog In

Question Regarding overtime and annual leaves

Shanice0192
Thu, 14 Mar 2019 10:31:51 AM  (Last updated: Thu, 14 Mar 2019 03:03:51 PM)

I have been working in my current company for the past four years. I signed a four years bond with this company. Basically, they do not pay for our overtime. Instead, we can accumulate the time and exchange for leaves. Sometimes, when things get overhelm, I just have to work 7 days in a week and that's how I actually a lot of time off. In the end, throughout these four years, I did not touch my annual leaves before. My company do not want to pay for the annual leaves now. Yes, in the contract, they said unused leaves will be forfeited 6 months following the next years. But, again it is really not me who doesnt want to utilise them. I think in that case, all the extra hours i work so hard just ended up unpaid in this situation. Is there any actions that can be taken? I am just feeling extremely unfair. Before these, no one mentioned about the annual leaves and discuss the way to clear them. Now, I have quit and they started to come out with all these terms. :( 

KL Siew
Administrator
Thu, 14 Mar 2019 03:03:51 PM

It is not uncommon for many of you trying to be good hard working workers by not taking leave and then faced with problems of claiming back unused leave. Even under the Employment Act, it is stated that leave carried forward for more than a year will be forfeited. You can go to the Labour Department and discuss the issue with the officer there see whether there is any chance of get paid for the unused leave.

In future, try to clear all leave each year. 

This topic is closed