RegisterLog In

Resign but employer threatening to not pay for worked days

Sat, 19 Jan 2019 08:08:08 PM  (Last updated: Thu, 31 Jan 2019 11:16:27 AM)


I had resign from my current position within probabtion period as per agreement in 24 hour notice.

During my last day i was instructed to delete all files related to the company, so i did, with no back ups. Few days later my employer allegedly lost data of the work I have submitted during my working period. He insisted that I have to redo and submit if I want my paycheck for the worked days. I can only do very little from what I have on hand written notes here and there and submitted it. He refuse to accept it because he thinks its incomplete and i can only request for my payment if I do it as per his requirement.

My question is,

1.can an employer hold an employee's payment as hostage? regardless if employee delivered the tasks given? i eligible to get back my payment for the worked days despite unable to deliver what the empoyer expects? 

KL Siew
Tue, 22 Jan 2019 11:31:19 AM

If the employer failed to pay your salary due to you for whatever reasons, what you can do is the go to the Labour Department and lodge a complaint against the company for failing to pay your salary.

Tue, 29 Jan 2019 12:01:57 AM

Cunning Employer... Horrible 

Andrew Joshua Gomes
Thu, 31 Jan 2019 11:16:27 AM

Employer have no rights to hold you salary, you can make a report to labour office regarding this issue if they hold it.

  This topic is closed