RegisterLog In

Increment after 1 year

alexandre7
Wed, 09 Jan 2019 02:04:55 PM  (Last updated: Wed, 09 Jan 2019 04:53:51 PM)

Good day to you, 

I am working as an admission staff for students starting in September 2017 and successfully completed my 1 year tenure. I did get my increment after 3 months of confirmation. What I am curious about is that can I ask my company for a salary increment for my 1 year of service? Because it has been said verbally that provided I perform well at my job, I may ask to do so. I am also entitled for commission if I manage to recruit (x) number of students in a month successfully. 

However, kindly explain if commission should be treated as increment? If I want to ask for an increment, how many percent should I go for? 

KL Siew
Administrator
Wed, 09 Jan 2019 02:26:30 PM

There is no law to say employers must give increment of salary or commission. It is something you have to negotiate with your company.

alexandre7
Wed, 09 Jan 2019 02:35:06 PM
Originally posted by KL Siew on Wed, 09 Jan 2019 02:26:30 PM

There is no law to say employers must give increment of salary or commission. It is something you have to negotiate with your company.

Does that mean need to maintain good relationship with the management? Hahaha. 

Let's say if I decided to negotiate for an increment, is there a certain amount of percentage to ask for? E.g. 10% or 15%?

KL Siew
Administrator
Wed, 09 Jan 2019 04:53:51 PM

In the first place, one cannot be sure whether there will be any increment at all, not to mention 10 or 15 percent or even with good rerelationship.

This topic is closed