RegisterLog In

Resign with short notice given (Due to urgent matter)

Ronin Tam
Mon, 17 Dec 2018 02:58:47 PM  (Last updated: Tue, 18 Dec 2018 02:22:19 PM)

My wife has to resign from her current job to take care of our younger son at home. This all traces back to family matters which my mother in law cannot handle a toddler by herself and also have an OKU son which require attention too. After all long discussion, my wife said is better for her to resign from her job and go back to our hometown to take care and probably get a job there to be more convenient.

What she worries is that can company accept such reason and allow her to resign in a short notice (by right is 2 months) to probably 1 month or shorter. Best if allow 24 hours. This really stress her so much as she scare her company might purposely give her hard time and not allow all this to happen.

Nightingale
Mon, 17 Dec 2018 03:35:48 PM

Hello Ronin,

How long has she been working in the company? If she has a good working relationship with the company, she could ask for shorter notice under compassionate ground, although this is decision lies on the company itself.

Best to give an ample notice to the company because usually no one company likes a 24 hours notice from employee. 

By law, she might be asked to compensate in lieu of notice to the company. 

I suggest she talks to her company and share her predicament and see where it goes.

T

Ronin Tam
Tue, 18 Dec 2018 02:22:19 PM
Originally posted by Nightingale on Mon, 17 Dec 2018 03:35:48 PM

Hello Ronin,

How long has she been working in the company? If she has a good working relationship with the company, she could ask for shorter notice under compassionate ground, although this is decision lies on the company itself.

Best to give an ample notice to the company because usually no one company likes a 24 hours notice from employee. 

By law, she might be asked to compensate in lieu of notice to the company. 

I suggest she talks to her company and share her predicament and see where it goes.

T

She been working there for half year. She also talked to her manager already when she submit the resignation letter and stated her reason.

Now just awaiting their answer about it. Hopefully they will get back to her soon as she can no longer cope with the stress from family side as well as travelling long distance every day.

This topic is closed