RegisterLog In

PIP

Venice Ng
Fri, 16 Nov 2018 07:22:00 PM  (Last updated: Sat, 17 Nov 2018 07:01:18 AM)

Hi,

I would to inquiry about PIP. When can PIP be conducted and what is the duration of PIP and can we terminate the employee with PIP 

SuharinKL
Contributor
Sat, 17 Nov 2018 07:01:18 AM
Originally posted by Venice Ng on Sat, 17 Nov 2018 07:01:18 AM

Hi,

I would to inquiry about PIP. When can PIP be conducted and what is the duration of PIP and can we terminate the employee with PIP 

Hai there,

Allow me to answer to your enquiries as follows:-

1. PIP can be conducted when an employee is found to have poorly performed in his works/duties wherein this particular employer will be put under a close monitoring period. During this period, there should be more frequent meeting session with the employee for example once every 2 weeks (more frequent the better) to keep track with the said employee's progress.

2. At the beginning of PIP, the employee should be given with a target hence the duration of the PIP should be a reasonable duration for the targets to be achieved.

3. At the end of the PIP period, if still no improvement the company may extend the PIP or may proceed with punishment ranging from stern warning until termination.

Please bear in mind that when we talk about PIP, as the name goes "performance improvement PLAN/POLICY", the company should have a written policy or plan as to the procedure of the PIP and this has to be given to the employee before PIP starts.

Hope the above answers your enquiries.

Regards,

suharinsulaiman@gmail.com