RegisterLog In

Job scope transfer

Titan1111
Sat, 10 Nov 2018 01:18:07 AM  (Last updated: Sat, 10 Nov 2018 07:17:59 PM)

I am working in a China Based company. As such, recently I’ve been instructed forcefully to accept and take more scope and load from another manager. Do I have the right to reject the job transfer legally? Or an I to continue as slaves to this company. Please assist.

KL Siew
Administrator
Sat, 10 Nov 2018 04:14:56 PM

If I were you, I won't do that. If I don't like what they are doing, I would look for a new opening and leave graciously. Rejecting it will make the situation very unpleasant.

Titan1111
Sat, 10 Nov 2018 04:18:37 PM

Dear KL Siew, can you share what are the legal options that I have...?Appreciate your thoughts, but I need legal frameworks in handling such organised “slavery”. Rule of Law.

KL Siew
Administrator
Sat, 10 Nov 2018 04:28:11 PM

I don't think there anything illegal in giving such instruction. They did it because they thought you had the ability to do the job. You don't force someone to do a job if you don't have confidence  in that person.

Titan1111
Sat, 10 Nov 2018 05:33:24 PM

Hi and thanks. But, my letter of appointment delegates a certain tasks and additional tasks - when be added, shouldn’t they ask for concern from the employee? For example, I’m working at my 200%. I don’t have weekends and or 8 hours schedule. Internal meeting is always after 1800H - 2300H. It’s just overwhelming and adding more task makes me feel as if I’m a slave. What are my options? No luck in exit either for the time being.

KL Siew
Administrator
Sat, 10 Nov 2018 07:17:59 PM

Have you ever voiced out the matters with your management? If you are playing an important role in the company, you should be in the position to negotiate for better deal. Or else, just carry on doing whatever youcan  and slowly looking for new opportunities.