RegisterLog In

Advice on Contract Clause.

Shaz  
Mon, 15 Dec 2008 02:43:07 PM  (Last updated: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 07:56:21 PM)

Hi,

I was just wondering if you can give me advice on a clause within my contract. I am currently being placed to work in Singapore, but my employer still pays me my Malaysian Ringgit pay and takes it and converts it to Singapore Dollars but they refused to pay my EPF. The clause on my contract is:

(1) REMUNERATION

You will be paid a monthly salary of RM$5,000 (Five Thousand Malaysia Ringgit) in arrears. EPF contribution will be paid separately by XYZ (Name changed).

Does this mean my employer has been breaching the contract since they have not payed my EPF since Oct when I started work? Can I take this to labour office and complain about it? I would like your advice. Thank you very much.

KL Siew
Administrator
Mon, 15 Dec 2008 04:37:49 PM

You should consult EPF. Given them a call and ask to talk to one of the duty officers.

Shaz
Mon, 15 Dec 2008 07:39:58 PM

But the company has refused to pay my EPF as they currently are taking the stand saying I am working in Singapore but they have refused to convert my contract. So by my contract, they are still govern by Malaysian law, am I correct to assume this?

KL Siew
Administrator
Mon, 15 Dec 2008 07:56:21 PM

Yes, I think you are an employee employed by a Malaysian employer. Let EPF clarify for you.

This topic is closed