RegisterLog In

Accused of receiving commission

ema
Tue, 16 Oct 2018 09:28:09 PM  (Last updated: Wed, 17 Oct 2018 05:31:38 PM)

hi,

I am accused of recieving commission from a vendor by my company and i was given a show cause letter. I denied the allegation and asked for proofs.  

The company met with the vendor and forced him to do a Statuary Declaration that i took some commision from him. I guess they are planning to use this in the Di ....they havent called me for DI yet.( its been 2 weeks since i summit the showcause letter)

My question ARE....A. .Does SD allowed in DI ? What if i go and do another SD stating that i didnt take the commision?

B. Can the company terminate me without any solid proof that i took the commission? 

SuharinKL
Contributor
Wed, 17 Oct 2018 02:45:49 PM
Originally posted by ema on Wed, 17 Oct 2018 05:31:38 PM

hi,

I am accused of recieving commission from a vendor by my company and i was given a show cause letter. I denied the allegation and asked for proofs.  

The company met with the vendor and forced him to do a Statuary Declaration that i took some commision from him. I guess they are planning to use this in the Di ....they havent called me for DI yet.( its been 2 weeks since i summit the showcause letter)

My question ARE....A. .Does SD allowed in DI ? What if i go and do another SD stating that i didnt take the commision?

B. Can the company terminate me without any solid proof that i took the commission? 

Hai,

The Company may terminate your employment should they found you guilty as charged. 

Later if you are not satisfied with the termination, you may lodge a report at the Industrial Relation Department for unfair dismissal. At this stage, you may raise the issue of insufficient evidence to prove the allegation agaisnt you.

With regards to SD, in my opinion it is not appropriate as you may not be able to ask question to the said individual during DI. The individual has to attend the DI. Please put an objection towards the SD evidence.

Hope the above helps.

Regards,

suharinsulaiman@gmail.com

ema
Wed, 17 Oct 2018 05:31:38 PM

hi suharin , 

Thank you very much for your reply.

I have a doubt here. 

A. Currently the company has no proof at all for their allegations except the SD, can they terminate me anyway?

Thank you.

This topic is closed