RegisterLog In

Unfair dismissal - missed case hearing date

Rebecca
Mon, 24 Sep 2018 10:34:51 AM  (Last updated: Mon, 24 Sep 2018 11:19:38 AM)

Hi,

I need to ask, if someone didin't recieved the first date of case hearing (missed the first date), and then received the next letter where it is mentioned about the 2nd date of hearing, what would be the effect on case regarding this? sorry for this dump question but I don't know I didn't received any letter of first case hearing date. 

Looking for quick response,

Case: Industrial court

Type: Unfair dismissal

Regards
R

SuharinKL
Contributor
Mon, 24 Sep 2018 11:19:37 AM
Originally posted by Rebecca on Mon, 24 Sep 2018 11:19:38 AM

Hi,

I need to ask, if someone didin't recieved the first date of case hearing (missed the first date), and then received the next letter where it is mentioned about the 2nd date of hearing, what would be the effect on case regarding this? sorry for this dump question but I don't know I didn't received any letter of first case hearing date. 

Regards
R

Hai,

Please call the Court and ask about the status of the case. 

The Court may decide the matter without the presence of the Company if the Company didnt turn up for mention. I have encounter this situations many times and in such situations, the decision mostly will be in the favour of the employee. This will cause a lot of hassle to the Company to appeal against the decision.

If you dont mind, please email me and i may assist you further thereon.

Regards,

suharinsulaiman@gmail.com

SuharinKL
Contributor
Mon, 24 Sep 2018 11:19:38 AM
Originally posted by Rebecca on Mon, 24 Sep 2018 11:19:38 AM

Hi,

Regards
R

Hai,

Please call the Court and ask about the status of the case. 

The Court may decide the matter without the presence of the Company if the Company didnt turn up for mention. I have encounter this situations many times and in such situations, the decision mostly will be in the favour of the employee. This will cause a lot of hassle to the Company to appeal against the decision.

If you are the claimant/employee, your case may be struck off/ cancelled.

If you dont mind, please email me and i may assist you further thereon.

Regards,

suharinsulaiman@gmail.com

This topic is closed