RegisterLog In

verbally notice me to submit a resignation to them by today

Elpha
Wed, 08 Aug 2018 05:40:43 PM  (Last updated: Thu, 09 Aug 2018 03:14:05 PM)

Hi, Sir:

My corporate verbally notice  me to submit a resignation to them by today.  I have worked in this company since Aug 2015, notice period stipulated is 2 months. If I am not going to tender myself, they will issue me termination letter .

I understand it may look better to me if I obey to them before I receive their termination letter.  Can you advise me what frrom perspective of local employment law, what is the difference at <1>  I submit my resignation letter ? or <2> they issue me termination letter ?

For the service period from August 2015, how long they need to compensate me? Verbally ,they told me they still compensate me according to the law if I tender voluntarily .

urgently need your advice and information, thank you !

regards

KL Siew
Administrator
Wed, 08 Aug 2018 06:28:57 PM

If you resign, you may not be able to lodge any complaint against the company for payment of compensation or other benefits.  If have done nothing wrong, better let them terminate your service.

chong81
Thu, 09 Aug 2018 03:14:05 PM

have you tender your resignation letter? since this post was yesterday.

You can tender the resignation letter but the resignation letter cannot write any other reason of resignation. you just put there " as per requested by XXX, i hereby tender my resignation letter as per XXX's insutruction". After that, go to Industrial Relation Office and lodge a report. it should be completed within 60 days of the date of resignation. you can report them on "forced resignation", please make sure you bring all the document. other than sending them the hardcopy of resignation letter, scan and email the resignation letter to them and cc to your personal email.

you may even can go to MTUC to look for a IR Representative for yourself. the charges is RM50 per each action. If they sucessful to claim the compensation for you, you need to give them 10% of the compensation. Thanks.

This topic is closed