RegisterLog In

Resigned but being ask to interview my replacement.

Cath Loo
Thu, 05 Jul 2018 07:49:40 PM  (Last updated: Tue, 24 Jul 2018 12:15:33 AM)
I was a dept manager and already tendered my resignation 1 month ago with giving 2 months notice. However the hiring manager and my next superior are asking me to sit in the interview session with them for my position replacement. Do i have to sit in as per request? May i reject it ? As I feel awkward and never heard before for such a situation.
KL Siew
Administrator
Mon, 09 Jul 2018 06:06:33 PM

It should be OK for you to do that especially when you are leaving for better prospect. You can help to ask questions about candidates abilities whether they are suitable to do your job or not.

bosco50050
Tue, 24 Jul 2018 12:15:33 AM

Cath,

If you had left the company and you were requested back to do the interview then it would be a definite NO but while you are serving your resignation notice period are you still not an employee enjoying the salary and other benefits. The Hiring Manager and the next superior respect you enough to value your input since you had been in the position up to now. Unless there is some unresolved animosity that makes you not want to see the company and your colleagues succeed. Otherwise, you are doing your duty and a good thing and will be remembered as someone who was a contributor till the last day. You may not have to but I urge you to do the right thing.

I leave you a quote from Jimmy Johnson "The difference between the ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra"

This topic is closed