RegisterLog In

Seeking for Professional Advices

XiiaObaKakiA
Sun, 01 Jul 2018 01:15:11 PM  (Last updated: Mon, 02 Jul 2018 12:33:01 PM)

Dear All,

My company is a hardware/transportation. The employees' wages are mainly daily-rated.

However, I would like to enquire about the following matter:

1. Salary for Annual Leave (AL) & Public Holiday (PH)
I understand that the current minimum wage for employee is RM1,000.00. Could I pay my employee for his AL or PH using the formula (1000/26=38.46)? 

2. Excessive Unpaid Leave (UL) & late comer
Due to my past experience, some of the employees take numerous UL and late comer. I would like to know whether it is possible to state the penalty for taking UL without a valid reasons. For instance, they will require to pay the company their daily salary for UL and fines for being late.

3. Dragging time for OT
Due to the nature of the business, employees might need to deliver goods to a further location. However, the expected time to reach the store might take an hour. However, the employee drives slowly at the speed of 40km/h to 50km/h. Or even taking their own sweet time to unload goods. Is there an solution to due with this issue.

4. Medical Certificate 
I thought of setting up a company panel list of doctors/clinics. This can help to reduce the malignering. Is there any guideline for me to follow? For instance, they need to visit these doctor and payment should be on employee or company.

5. Application of AL
If employee does not work on Sunday and they are applying leave for Saturday to Monday, would you consider as three days of AL or two days of AL?

Thank you for your time.

Signed Off,

KL Siew
Administrator
Mon, 02 Jul 2018 12:33:01 PM

1. Annual leave (salary/26) per day, PH (salary/26) x 2.

2. Take disciplinary action for those who take unpaid leave without permission.

3. How about apart from normal salary, you pay extra by the trips they made, the more the trips, the more they earn. However, they may end up speeding. You tell them you are not going to pay  fine for speeding. This is just a suggestion. 

4. 'that can be arranged with the panel clinic you are going to appoint, whether the employees have pay up front or the clinic bills the company each month.

5. For five day work week, it is one day, for 5.5 day work week, 2 days unless your company allows half day leave for Saturdays.