RegisterLog In

Termination of Employment

KLNG
Sat, 30 Jun 2018 04:32:03 AM  (Last updated: Sat, 30 Jun 2018 12:23:15 PM)

Hi All & Admin,

I have recently facing an issue whereby my company is having a new incoming investor. She proposed to my main investor say that she wanted to terminate a few current staffs to reduce the overhead of the company.

I am one of the person who is in the termination list. However, I am wonder if there is any labour act that can protect or I can use it to defend myself.

1. I have no any misconduct regardless is now or previous.

2. The new investor want to terminate a few current but then hire a few new staffs also.

3. The new investor said that my position is not that important in this company, however I am tons of work everyday but still get this kind of “return” from my company.

4. The new investor proposed to the main investor to terminate me and she will be replace my place however her proposed responsibilities are just part of my daily work.

Wanna get some insights here. Thanks :)

KL Siew
Administrator
Sat, 30 Jun 2018 12:23:15 PM

The Industrial Relation Department is the place for you to seek redress should service is terminated for whatever reasons. Under the section 20 of the Industrial Relations Act. If you need official info or insights, you can always pay a personal visit the Industrial Relations Department and have a chat with the officer there.