RegisterLog In

Increment during the 2 months notice

alaa
Tue, 26 Jun 2018 01:41:19 PM  (Last updated: Wed, 27 Jun 2018 09:54:43 AM)

I was working with a company for over 4 years. The increments are calculated for each year and credited to our bank accounts in June of the next year (backdated from January to May). The annual increment is based on the appraisal and performance review of the last year, however, everyone seems to get the same amount and usually no one left without an increment.

However, this year, I resigned on 6th April, leaving 2 months notice until 6th June. Since I still have annual leaves, I decided to take them and leave the work on 25th May. On 21st May I asked the HR about the increment, and they said it is not approved yet for everybody and they don't know whether there will be increments or not.

On 28th May, (3 days after I left, but practically I was still an employee on leave), all employees received an email saying that they will receive the increments based on their last year appraisal. 2 days later, they received their annual increment except for me.

My score in the performance appraisal for the last year was the best compared to previous years which I got increments for. In fact, my performance score was much better than many of my colleagues who got increments.

Am I entitled to get my annual increments since practically I was still an employee of the company when the increments are credited to all employees and my appraisal is very high? 

What shall I do in this case?

Please help.

KL Siew
Administrator
Tue, 26 Jun 2018 04:55:40 PM

Increment of salary is usually given at the discretion of the employers. I don't think there is any employer who will give increment of salary or bonus to staff who have put in their resignation.

alaa
Wed, 27 Jun 2018 09:54:43 AM

Many thanks

This topic is closed