RegisterLog In

Invalid Claim after Resign

Jeff
Thu, 21 Jun 2018 04:58:34 PM  (Last updated: Mon, 25 Jun 2018 11:41:10 AM)

Hi,

I've resigned w.e.f 31 May 2018 however I've key in a dental claim on 30 May 2018 into the Company claim system with a doctor visit date fall on 25 May 2018.

My ex-employer's HR declined my claim as they deemed that they only received the claim receipt on 12 June 2018 as my ex colleague only give it to them on the day (company practice all this while).

Are they legit to deny my claim or I can stress my claim is valid?

Chinoz
Fri, 22 Jun 2018 11:56:46 AM

Is there any company policies that stated all claim need to be claimed within specific period?

Normally, the claim will be based on receipt date for validity not based on when its being claimed.

Jeff
Mon, 25 Jun 2018 11:41:10 AM
Originally posted by Chinoz on Fri, 22 Jun 2018 11:56:46 AM

Is there any company policies that stated all claim need to be claimed within specific period?

Normally, the claim will be based on receipt date for validity not based on when its being claimed.

Thanks Chinoz for your reply.

The Company do have a policy on claim period which are on or before 15th of the following month must register the claim in the system and on or before 20th of the following month must hand in the original claim receipt accordingly.

The HR argue that since I've resigned I should have pass them earlier as in before 31st of May as normal practice will not applicable to me anymore. This was only be told after I left the company and request for the claim as they didnt pay me in my final payroll.

In such case and if they still insist not paying me, can I make a complain ?