RegisterLog In

Company not willing to pay annual leaves

Jansen
Thu, 21 Jun 2018 09:52:50 AM  (Last updated: Thu, 21 Jun 2018 12:31:58 PM)

I tender my resignation letter on 07May2018.  Notice period is 3 months and last day of notice period is 05Aug2018.  I have annual leaves of 55 days and after deducted the annual leave I worked till 16May2018 and left the company.  

I made many attempts to company to release last settlement to me and finally I received from them 1 month after I left the company.  Company only paid me salary from 01 to 16May2018.  Company reason was I should service the 3 months notice but now waive it with my annual leaves.  So they not willing to pay me any cents for the annual leave.  I have informed them under Labour law 1955 annual leave is paid leave they should pay me and still they not willing to do so.  

I attempted to call up labour dept but my salary exceeded 5 k so they could not assist me.  What is the step/action I should do next? 

KL Siew
Administrator
Thu, 21 Jun 2018 12:31:58 PM

In that case, you may have to consult a lawyer see whether you can sue your former employer or not.

Anyway, next time, always try to finish all available leave and don't accumulate.