RegisterLog In

Miscalculation of leave

sxxxx888xx
Wed, 13 Jun 2018 12:55:19 PM  (Last updated: Wed, 13 Jun 2018 03:27:26 PM)

Hi,

I have extra replacement leave on year 2012 and 2013, our company does not have system to check leave remaining every year, we have to record ourself.

We just received our updated leave balance on April 2018, and found out my leave was recorded wrongly since year 2012, those leave I have taken appeared to be additiaonl leave taken and was carried forward to next year in -ve.

In short, please refer to summary below.
2012 : leave taken : 20 days, replacement leave 10 days, earned leave : 10days.
but system does not record the replacement leave and my leave balance is -10 days at the end of year 2012.
2013 : earned leave : 18days, leave C/F : -10 , I left only 8 days of AL on year 2013.

After I have found out, my boss came with this solution without negotiation.
extra leaves to be paid off with salary at that particular year, whatever that have taken, I can no longer claim back.

Is this the proper way of compensation replacement leaves?

Thanks.

Gon
Contributor
Wed, 13 Jun 2018 01:59:55 PM

60E(2) mention The employer shall grant and the employee shall take such leave not later than twelve months after the end of every twelve months continuous service and any employee who fails to take such leave at the end of such period shall thereupon cease to be entitled thereto provided that an employee shall be entitled to payment in lieu of such annual leave if, at the request of his employer, he agrees in writing not to avail himself of any or all of his annual leave entitlement.

which mean leave shall not carry forward more than 12 month otherwise it shall be burned. I dono what is your company practise which allow leave to carry forward more than 5-6 year. So i will advise just accept it

sxxxx888xx
Wed, 13 Jun 2018 03:27:26 PM

As what I finally know, this company is a mess.

Ill just take it.

Thanks Gon.

This topic is closed