RegisterLog In

Declared Public Holiday Replace After My Last Service Day

Chan
Mon, 14 May 2018 12:31:07 PM  (Last updated: Thu, 07 Jun 2018 11:54:59 AM)

In my work place, recent declared public holiday (10&11 May 2018)  are going to be replace in future date. However, my last service day is around the corner. What can I do if these replacement holiday is taking place after my last day of work?

Kindly advice.

Chinoz
Mon, 14 May 2018 02:58:19 PM

Hi Chan,

1) Try confirm with HR when exactly the replacement.

2) If, it is after your resignation date, ask the HR how they would treat it for you. Either they pay for the work on public holiday or ask for early termination to include for the replacement holiday.

Chan
Mon, 14 May 2018 03:55:42 PM

Hi Chinoz,

Thanks for your reply.

1) Replacement confirm take place after my resignation.

2) If my HR insists that they couldn't compensate me for this 2 days public holiday, what can I do? Can I fight for this according to our current labour law?

Thanks

Chinoz
Mon, 14 May 2018 04:07:23 PM

Hi Chan,

If that the case, then the company owe you 2 annual leave or overtime payment. Try negotiate with your HR stated that you should entitled for the leave or payment. If not, tell them your intention to bring it to labour department/IRD.

Chan
Mon, 14 May 2018 05:04:27 PM

Hi Chinoz,.

Noted. Thank you so much for your advice.

Chan
Thu, 07 Jun 2018 11:54:59 AM

Hi

Regarding this issue, my HR insists that company have the right for not compensate me as it is a non-gazetted public holiday due to appreciation of certain event.

They mentioned, according to Malaysia Holiday Act, any non-gazetted public holiday can be substituted to another day which suitable to the employer operation.

Thus, 10 and 11 May 2018 are no longer public holiday to company context even the announcement have been made by government.

Only replacement date decided by company consider as our public holiday and only active employees at the material time will be entitled for this.

Just wondering if this is the fact that I should accept for giving up this entitlement?

Please advice :(

Thank you very much

This topic is closed